Apr 17, 2009

Do you yell at the TV?

Because I have done some yellin' at my TV tonite. Hubby was watching Hardball. Yeesh.

Now, I don't consider myself to be "in the know" about all things political. I hated History classes when I was in school, and to this day I can't tell you who does what in the governmental scheme of things.

I don't know the function of the House of Representatives.

I don't understand what Congressmen and -women do in their jobs.

There's a lot I don't know. And I'm OK with that for now.

Because I'm learning. Against my will, mostly, because I listen to the TV.

And while I may not have the learnin', I have some common sense.

I can see the bad stuff coming down the pike, y'all, and I know when to get my gun and bar the door.

For whatever reason, The president feels that we should help Mexico with its own war on drug cartels. Why? What about the drug problems in our country. But shelf that for now. We can talk about that later. Because he's blaming AMERICAN GUNS for the strength and uprising of MEXICAN DRUG CARTELS.

Did America purchase these guns for Mexican Drug Lords? NO.

Can Mexican drug lords get their guns from other places? YES.

If we patrolled our borders in a more efficient manner, would we be in a better place as a country, and could guns get down south as easily? Yes, and no, respectively.

If you blame guns for violence, you may as well blame pencils for spelling mistakes, folks.

And if our President is going to blame guns for violence, I can see the next step. The next step will be to somehow revoke or remove our right to bear arms. OUR CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS AS U.S. CITIZENS.

I have a big problem with this. I don't want to shoot someone. I'm not in love with guns. I don't think someone's out to get me.

But if someone was out to get me, or was to threaten my family, my babies, my home, my country, or my life, I want to know that I can protect myself with the gun I purchased LEGALLY for self- and home protection. I want to know that my hubby can carry his gun in protection of his family and property, in accordance with state and federal regulations, because he is LEGALLY LICENSED to do so.

This is my right. Your right.

I don't know about you, but I will fight for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment