Mar 10, 2009

I'm new to this

While playing around online last night, I stumbled across a wonderful blog. "Musings of a Housewife" was witty, honest, and fun to read. I enjoyed it so much, I thought, "Why not start one of these myself?" I love to write and read, and have enjoyed journaling since I was a teenager. So here I am! 

So, a little about me... I am married, I have 3 children, and currently have no occupation beyond the tasks of keeping house and raising kids. My husband and I run a wildlife control business. I like to camp, fish, crochet, tat, cross-stitch, watch movies, listen to music, or curl up with a good book. Currently, my favorite author is Diana Gabaldon.

I spent 15 years or so as a waitress. Loved it. I am a helper, to my very core. I love to help people. Simply put, I live to serve. And not just on a food-service level, although that is certainly one way I choose to show how much I care. I just try to help people in whatever way my domestic skills can be put to use. 

In February 2007, I found Flylady's website and made huge changes to my life, home, and heart. Because of those changes, I am hoping I will have time for a little "enlightened selfishness" during my blogging time. Not only will this blog be a journal, but also a chronicle of joys, accomplishments, problems, and occasional rants, as all moms and housewives need a place to blow off steam from time to time. 

I hope to make new friends, and maybe learn some writing skills. 




No comments:

Post a Comment