Mar 29, 2009

Catch up on the weekend

Good Sunday to y'all. I have had a very peaceful weekend, and I'm looking forward to the next week or two.

On Friday, W and M went with their "other"dad for the weekend, C went to a friend's house, and Hubby went out of town for a meeting. This left me blissfully, peacefully, thankfully ALONE! I loved it. I relished it. I took a hot bubble bath, did my nails, my hair, read a book and listened to music. All without the constant interruptions and small crises that make up a normal day for me.

Saturday, I slept in til 10:00 woke to a peaceful, clean house, and an inch or two or disgusting white stuff on everything. But I wasn't going to let a little snow ruin my solitude. I played online for a bit, did my morning routine, and went out to clean off the windshield so I could go to town for a few groceries. After all, that's what southerner do when it snows. We go to town. More accurately, we head for the nearest grocery store to stock up on milk and bread, as if the latest snow fall was signaling the end of the world as we know it.

I got home from the grocery store, and hubby came home just a few minutes later. We said hello, kissed, and were interrupted by the ringing of the phone.

It was my aunt. She wondered if I was interested in helping out an elderly lady for a week or two, and left me a number to contact the Elderly lady's daughter. Before I knew it, I had a job! A temporary, easy job. Just a few hours a day, for a week or two. And all I have to do is be there. No physical labor, no bathing and changing, just companionship! I'm so excited!

Then last night I helped hubby drink two bottles of whine while we each sat at our computers, and then we went to bed.

I wonder what the rest of today will hold? I'll let you know!

1 comment:

  1. I love the idea of sleeping until 10.....

    Someday it will happen, sigh....

    ReplyDelete